Sunday, November 24th, 2019
Best Practices for Missional Community Bible Study Facilitation
- As you begin each study, pray that God will speak to you through his Word.
- Listen attentively to other members. Encourage only Bible reading from phones during the study.
- Work to include everyone’s voice by asking follow-up questions, restating what you heard someone say, and asking for more details to thoughts given by group members.
- It is often helpful for someone to take notes of the discussion and send them out afterwards to reinforce key learnings from the study.
- Pray for one another and be accountable to applying the word of God to your lives.
- What does this scripture communicate about the heart of God?
- What does it teach us about ourselves?
- Does it challenge our thinking/beliefs in a new way?
Sermon Specific Question:
- How have you seen God specifically provide in new ways this past year?
- Where do you see thankfulness expressed most clearly in scripture? Who is giving thanks and why?
- How can a rhythm of thankfulness become part of your daily/weekly spiritual life during advent? Close by reading Psalm 95:2-3 and prayer