Sunday, September 16th, 2018
From the Garden to the City
The focus of this series is to speak to what God is doing in culture through the movements we see in scripture. We are created in the image of God, so for us today in our day and time what does that mean. God is always working order out of chaos, and calling us to be His image bearers in the world. As we move on in the stores we will focus on the fall, we will look at how Adam and Eve were called to steward and ultimately they failed to do so. In light of this, how are we called to steward and where do we face challenges to do so?
As you read and study together, make sure to work hard at hearing from everyone that has gathered together. Pray for one another and be accountable to applying the word of God to your lives.
- What does this scripture communicate about the heart of God?
- What does it teach us about ourselves?
- Does it challenge our thinking/beliefs in a new way?
Sermon Specific Question:
- When you read Revelation 21:5, what comes to mind? What is something you’ve seen be restored (think a car, or piece of furniture)? What are things you’re seeing God restore right now?
- How are you playing a part in seeking the renewal and restoration of creation? How are you harnessing your God-given gifts to renew things around you here in San Antonio?