Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached on Sunday, July 14th, 2013 at The Park. Each week new questions are posted to track along with the sermons.
The book of Exodus is a great story of redemption, faith, and the sovereignty of God.
I encourage you to begin your group with a time of greeting and introductions. You may choose to reorder the questions below or to write your own. Work hard to facilitate discussion and avoid allowing yourself or another member to speak the entire hour. Ultimately we trust you with leading your group.
- What are some observations you had from this chapter?
- Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What theology was present in this chapter?
- What did you learn about God from reading this chapter?
- It was a pretty serious oath that was made in chapter 24 between the Israelites and YHWH. What oaths have you made in your life? What were the consequences of fulfilling (or not fulfilling) it?
- What part does God play in your oath making?
- In verses 9 & 10 Moses and his party go up and meet with God. It even says they “saw the God of Israel.” What do you imagine that experience to be like? Have you ever met with God in a real and personal way?
- The image of God with Moses is a consuming fire. This is quite a violent image. What is your image of God? How does this shape your relationship with him?