Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached this past Sunday at The Park. I encourage you to begin your group with a time of greeting and introductions. You may choose to reorder the questions below or to write your own. Work hard to facilitate discussion and avoid allowing yourself or another member to speak the entire hour. Ultimately we trust you with leading your group.
- What are some observations you had from this chapter?
- Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What theology was present in this chapter?
- What did you learn about God from reading this chapter?
- Read 2 Thess 3:14-15, compare with the exhortation given in verse 1. Have you ever confronted a brother or sister in sin? What was the outcome? Have you ever been confronted by another believer? What was the outcome?
- In what ways can we “gently” restore our fellow believers? How can we guard against becoming insnared by the same temptations?
- What is the difference between the Law, which the Jews lived by, and the Law of Christ in verse 2? What does the Law of Christ have to do with “carrying each others burdens”? What are some of the ways you have fulfilled the Law of Christ?
- Much of our discussion in Galatians has been about not living a life of works, particularly with regard to salvation. How does this still fit with Paul’s exhortation in verses 7 & 8?
- Why does Paul particularly emphasize doing good works to other Christians in verse 10? How does this fulfill the Law of Christ?