Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached this past Sunday at The Park. I encourage you to begin your group with a time of greeting and introductions. You may choose to reorder the questions below or to write your own. Work hard to facilitate discussion and avoid allowing yourself or another member to speak the entire hour. Ultimately we trust you with leading your group.
- What are some observations you had from this chapter? Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What theology was present in this chapter?
- What did you learn about God from reading this chapter?
- What is the significance of Paul’s analogy of the Son and the Slave? How does this fit into our study of the Prodigal son parable?
- What are the “elementary principles of the world” (verse 3) which used to hold us in slavery?
- Paul seems to be confused about the Galatians actions in verse 9-11. What are some of the confusing choices/actions that we still make even though we are filled by the Holy Spirit?
- What was the contrast between what Paul and his companions wanted for the Galatians and what the false teachers wanted?
- How does Paul share in the love and suffering of Christ for the Galatians?
- Paul’s use of the analogy of Hagar and the covenants can be somewhat confusing to us in the church today. What is your understanding of God’s covenants (between God and: Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses & the Israelites, David, and the Church)? What part do we play in them today?