We are creating a “virtual band/choir” recording of the song “King of Kings” for Pentecost Sunday. This is a fairly short notice project, so timing is important for us. We would like for as many from our regular worship teams to participate as possible, but understand you may not have enough time. If you can’t participate this time, we hope to have other opportunities in the future.
- If you are nervous, please give it a try! All videos will be combined into a grid, so it won’t be close-up. We can edit to correct for small mistakes, wrong notes, etc. It doesn’t have to be a perfect performance. It’s mainly about us worshipping together!
- Band and vocals are invited to participate! If you play an instrument, feel free to play and sing at the same time.
- Deadline to upload your video is end of Thursday, May 28th, 2020.
- You will need two devices: one to listen to the track in headphones, one to record video using the rear-facing camera – can be a webcam or phone, borrow someone’s if you need!
King of Kings Track
SET UP FOR RECORDING
- Stand at least 18 inches from your background; variety is fine, make sure your background is tidy.
- Ensure you have good lighting with your face well-lit; daytime window light is great!
- You’re on camera! Dress nicely, but there is no dress code, except avoid words, logos, or pictures on your top.
- Make sure your recording area is very quiet (no heaters, fans, other people, etc).
- Record in landscape mode and stand far enough away from the camera to give a mid-shot similar to the image below.
- If recording instrument still frame similarly. Turn volume on your speaker up amp up to good level without distortion.
- Headphones in place, but unplugged.
- Start to record on your video device.
- Press play on your listening device.
- After you hear the track say “INTRO,” plug headphones into your listening device, and follow the lyrics using the printable lyric file below. Practice before, and try not to stare at the sheet. Memorize as much as possible!
- Don’t worry about perfection – just do your best! Worship along, look pleasant, and look at the camera. BE ALL IN even while you are waiting for your part – we need to look engaged and pleasant always.
COMPLETE YOUR RECORDING
- When the song is finished, stop the recording on your device.
- Save the file as <YOUR NAME>
- UPLOAD your video below.
Upload Files Here by Thursday at Midnight
If you have any questions or need help, contact Kyle: 210-849-6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org