Sunday, October 27th, 2019
Best Practices for Missional Community Bible Study Facilitation
- As you begin each study, pray that God will speak to you through his Word.
- Listen attentively to other members. Encourage only Bible reading from phones during the study.
- Work to include everyone’s voice by asking follow-up questions, restating what you heard someone say, and asking for more details to thoughts given by group members.
- It is often helpful for someone to take notes of the discussion and send them out afterwards to reinforce key learnings from the study.
- Pray for one another and be accountable to applying the word of God to your lives.
- What does this scripture communicate about the heart of God?
- What does it teach us about ourselves?
- Does it challenge our thinking/beliefs in a new way?
Sermon Specific Question:
Pray Talk Give Go.
“The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet” -Frederick Buchner
- What is your call? Where does your deep gladness meet the world’s deep hunger?
- What can you do this week that moves you in a direction of action?
- How can you develop rhythms that help you hold steady to the call on your life? Come back and share on what you did this week.