Sunday, November 3rd, 2019
TITLE OF WEEK SERMON
Hosea: Centuries after the time of Moses, Hosea was a prophet of God called to speak truth to the people of Israel who were living in rebellion. This book is a sobering message to a people who had not only misplaced their first love for Yahweh, but were consciously choosing to worship other gods. As you study this book, be sure to find your own heart in the story, consider how rebellion looks in your life, and remind yourself of the love of God and that it’s His kindness that leads us to repentance.
Best Practices for Missional Community Bible Study Facilitation
- As you begin each study, pray that God will speak to you through his Word.
- Listen attentively to other members. Encourage only Bible reading from phones during the study.
- Work to include everyone’s voice by asking follow-up questions, restating what you heard someone say, and asking for more details to thoughts given by group members.
- It is often helpful for someone to take notes of the discussion and send them out afterwards to reinforce key learnings from the study.
- Pray for one another and be accountable to applying the word of God to your lives.
- What does this scripture communicate about the heart of God?
- What does it teach us about ourselves?
- Does it challenge our thinking/beliefs in a new way?
Sermon Specific Question:
- Are you unfaithful to your God? How does your understanding of a covenantal relationship with God impact your view of God?
- Are you in love with someone/something else in place of God? How can we be brought back to our first love? How can our heart be cleaned and brought back to a steadfast spirit with Christ?