Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached on Sunday, November 30th, 2014 at The Park. This week we studied Chapter 64 of Isaiah. Have someone in your group read this section of scripture.
Each week new questions are posted to track along with the sermons. Work hard to facilitate discussion. Listen to the hearts around the room and close with prayer.
Intro to Advent:
The season of Advent is a special time of year. It is a time of special family traditions, exchanging of gifts, and quality time spent with those closest to you. If we aren’t careful, this is where is ends. The truth is that this season begins and ends with Jesus. He was once longed for and is still longed for by His people. He has come once and is returning again.
Join with us this season as we read from the lectionary on Sundays, serve our city, and long for our great Savior Jesus!
Questions this week:
- How does Isaiah 64:1-9 perfectly bookend our study of Amos?
- When you think of God rending the heavens, what do you think of? Does this picture of God coming down stir up any emotion in you?
- What are the implications of the references to the Shepherd of Israel in Psalm 80?
- What is a good cross reference Scripture to Isaiah 64:6?
- As we live between the Advents, what does it look like for you to long for the Savior? Is there an absence of longing for Him in your heart today?
- Your Father in heaven loves you and desires to connect with you. What could this connection look like this year during Advent?