Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached on Sunday, August 24th, 2014 at The Park. This week we studied Chapter 16:16-33. Have someone in your group read this section of scripture.
Each week new questions are posted to track along with the sermons. Work hard to facilitate discussion. Listen to the hearts around the room and close with prayer.
Intro to Gospel of John:
This Gospel is unique with regard to the 4 first-hand accounts of the life of Jesus. It was likely the last of the 4 written and focuses much of it’s view on the deity of Jesus. Like today, the question of Jesus’ nature and source of power is constantly being debated and the heart of John’s gospel is to give us a clear, concise, unashamed view of the Son of God. It is here in John that Jesus makes claims like, “I am the Bread of Life”, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life”, and “I am the Light of the world”. Reading the Gospel of John will provide you with an exalted view of Jesus as God in the flesh, sent to proclaim the good news.
- What do you think Jesus meant when He said He would leave but they would see Him in a little while?
- What do you think Jesus is referring to when He talks about child birth? Why does He use this imagery?
- Jesus says that “no one will take your joy from you”, yet many of us live without joy. How is this possible? In what ways do you lose joy? Why?
- Why did Jesus say He had “overcome the world” when He hadn’t died and resurrected yet?
- What does it mean to you that you may have peace in Jesus? What tribulations are you facing today that those around you can pray for you?