Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached on Sunday, July 14th, 2014 at The Park. This week we studied Chapter 12:37-50. Have someone in your group read this section of scripture.
Each week new questions are posted to track along with the sermons. Work hard to facilitate discussion. Listen to the hearts around the room and close with prayer.
Intro to Gospel of John:
This Gospel is unique with regard to the 4 first-hand accounts of the life of Jesus. It was likely the last of the 4 written and focuses much of it’s view on the deity of Jesus. Like today, the question of Jesus’ nature and source of power is constantly being debated and the heart of John’s gospel is to give us a clear, concise, unashamed view of the Son of God. It is here in John that Jesus makes claims like, “I am the Bread of Life”, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life”, and “I am the Light of the world”. Reading the Gospel of John will provide you with an exalted view of Jesus as God in the flesh, sent to proclaim the good news.
- What are some observations you had from this section of scripture?
- Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What did you learn about God from reading this section of scripture?
- What do you do when you struggle with unbelief?
- Do you think you would have struggled to believe even having seen the signs like the Pharisees?
- How can fear keep us from confessing our faith in Jesus (v. 42)?
- It’s easy to pursue the glory that comes from man. Why do you think this is true? What does the glory that comes from God look like?
- What encouragement is it to you today that Jesus says He did not come to judge the world but to save it?