Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached on Sunday, June 29nd, 2014 at The Park. This week we studied Chapter 11:45-57. Have someone in your group read this section of scripture.
Each week new questions are posted to track along with the sermons. Work hard to facilitate discussion. Listen to the hearts around the room and close with prayer.
Intro to Gospel of John:
This Gospel is unique with regard to the 4 first-hand accounts of the life of Jesus. It was likely the last of the 4 written and focuses much of it’s view on the deity of Jesus. Like today, the question of Jesus’ nature and source of power is constantly being debated and the heart of John’s gospel is to give us a clear, concise, unashamed view of the Son of God. It is here in John that Jesus makes claims like, “I am the Bread of Life”, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life”, and “I am the Light of the world”. Reading the Gospel of John will provide you with an exalted view of Jesus as God in the flesh, sent to proclaim the good news.
- What are some observations you had from this section of scripture?
- Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What did you learn about God from reading this section of scripture?
- Is it possible to see tangible evidence of the works of God and not believe?
- part from Jesus you can’t experience life. We are soaked in death throughout chapter eleven, today we are forced to ask the question: “are you alive”?
- What are the miraculous signs Jesus is performing now in your life? What miraculous signs are you believing and praying for now?
- What would our lives look like if we truly believed that Jesus is alive in us? How do you make known that Jesus is alive in us in your world?