Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached on Sunday, June 1st, 2014 at The Park. This week we studied Chapter 9. Have someone in your group read this section of scripture.
Each week new questions are posted to track along with the sermons. Work hard to facilitate discussion. Listen to the hearts around the room and close with prayer.
Intro to Gospel of John:
This Gospel is unique with regard to the 4 first-hand accounts of the life of Jesus. It was likely the last of the 4 written and focuses much of it’s view on the deity of Jesus. Like today, the question of Jesus’ nature and source of power is constantly being debated and the heart of John’s gospel is to give us a clear, concise, unashamed view of the Son of God. It is here in John that Jesus makes claims like, “I am the Bread of Life”, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life”, and “I am the Light of the world”. Reading the Gospel of John will provide you with an exalted view of Jesus as God in the flesh, sent to proclaim the good news.
- What are some observations you had from this section of scripture?
- Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What did you learn about God from reading this section of scripture?
- What is the blindness in your life that Jesus is using for his glory? How is God’s strength perfected in your weakness?
- Jesus, having the ability to heal the man entirely on his own, told him to go and wash his eyes. Why did he require the man to do something to be healed? What act of obedience is God calling you to?
- How does it affect our relationship with God when he calls us to obedience?
- The man’s testimony was what put him out of the temple, and it is also what freed him. What is your testimony? Can you give your testimony in 2 minutes?
- Share your testimony with someone new this week.