Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached on Sunday, June 9th, 2013 at The Park. Each week new questions are posted to track along with the sermons.
The book of Exodus is a great story of redemption, faith, and the sovereignty of God.
I encourage you to begin your group with a time of greeting and introductions. You may choose to reorder the questions below or to write your own. Work hard to facilitate discussion and avoid allowing yourself or another member to speak the entire hour. Ultimately we trust you with leading your group.
- What are some observations you had from this chapter?
- Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What theology was present in this chapter?
- What did you learn about God from reading this chapter?
- How does knowing that you are a treasured possession of God, a priest, and part of a holy nation affect you today?
- Read verse 8 of Chapter 19. How does the people’s response to God’s command connect to their experience in the wilderness thus far?
- There is an overwhelming since of the majesty, power, and greatness of God in Chapter 19. Have we lost a sense of this reverence for Him today? In what ways can you be in awe of God now?
- Can you relate to Moses as a leader? How do you see his leadership changing as he approaches God and does this correlate to your life today?