Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached on Sunday, April 21st, 2013 at The Park. Each week new questions are posted to track along with the sermons.
The book of Exodus is a great story of redemption, faith, and the sovereignty of God.
I encourage you to begin your group with a time of greeting and introductions. You may choose to reorder the questions below or to write your own. Work hard to facilitate discussion and avoid allowing yourself or another member to speak the entire hour. Ultimately we trust you with leading your group.
- What are some observations you had from this chapter?
- Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What theology was present in this chapter?
- What did you learn about God from reading this chapter?
- In Exodus 3:1-6 we see Moses draw close to a burning bush out of curiosity. What he discovered was a holy God. How does the holiness of God impact you?
- In verse 3:8 God states the end result of all that Moses was about to experience? From your knowledge of the rest of the story, what all had to transpire before that result? When have you seen a similar situation in your own life?
- God tells Moses of his purpose, to which Moses says, “Who am I?”. Do you respond to God in the same way? Is confidence in the plans of God for you something you struggle with?
- In verse 3:13 Moses asks that God send someone else to do what he was called to do? What do you think would have happened if he would have trusted God to help him? Is there any calling in you life that you are passing off for others to do?
- With regard to the king of Egypt, in verse 19 we see God declaring that something serious would need to happen in order to get his attention. Why do you think that was the case? Is this true in areas of your life today?
- Read Chapter 4 verse 11. Moses is still struggling with accepting and believing in God’s power and God gives him this answer in verse 11. What does it say to you that God is with you and can empower you to do anything He sets before you?
- What does it look like for you to be used by God? What has your journey looked like to this point?