Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached this past Sunday at The Park. I encourage you to begin your group with a time of greeting and introductions. You may choose to reorder the questions below or to write your own. Work hard to facilitate discussion and avoid allowing yourself or another member to speak the entire hour. Ultimately we trust you with leading your group.
- What are some observations you had from this chapter?
- Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What theology was present in this chapter?
- What did you learn about God from reading this chapter?
- Read Ephesians 5:1-13 and Colossians 3:5-10. These are parallel
passages to the one we are studying in Galatians. What similarities or
differences do you notice?
- Which of the fruit of the Spirit come/appear naturally in your
life? Which fruits appear in a lower frequency?
- Which of the works of the sinful nature are the biggest struggle
for you? What does it mean that if we are in Christ we have crucified
our sinful nature (verse 24)?
- Do a word study on “flesh” in the New Testament. What
patterns do you find? Come up with your own definition of “flesh.” Try
the same thing for “spirit.”