Greetings! Below you will find questions which reference the sermon preached this past Sunday at The Park. I encourage you to begin your group with a time of greeting and introductions. You may choose to reorder the questions below or to write your own. Work hard to facilitate discussion and avoid allowing yourself or another member to speak the entire hour. Ultimately we trust you with leading your group.
- What are some observations you had from this chapter? Were there any new insights you learned about the passage from the sermon?
- What theology was present in this chapter?
- What did you learn about God from reading this chapter?
- What are your initial impressions of the relationship between the church and Paul? What feelings and emotions did you have while reading the first chapter?
- Acts chapter 9 gives an account of Paul’s conversion. What pieces of that conversion do you see in Galatians 1? How did Paul’s conversion inform his ministry and his letters to the churches?
- Paul uses a strong/harsh word in chapter 1 verse 8, “accursed”. The Greek word “anathema” means – go to hell. Why did Paul use such a word?
- Paul declares in verse 15 that God was “pleased to reveal His Son to me”. The same truth applies to all believers. How does this impact you today?
- Your story many not involve being transformed from a persecutor of the church to a preacher in the church. But, in what ways can your story give glory to God?